1. The event is not a race in any format and should not be ridden as such.
2. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst attending the event and participation in the event is entirely at the rider's own risk. Insurance cover is not provided for riders so they are advised to take appropriate cover. Mad Hare Events Ltd do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant, nor the consequences of such actions.
3. The participant is over 14 at the time of the event and agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the distance they have chosen.
4. If participants are between 14 to 17 at the time of the event then they will notify the organiser for a parental permission form which must be completed prior to riding. These can be downloaded here - please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Each participant accepts full responsibility for any fees or costs incurred or arising from the need for repatriation.
6. To wear a helmet at all times.
7. To obey all Highway Code rules. You are requested to ride in a single file where appropriate and no more than 2 (two) abreast at any time. Riders are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through
8. To not drop or leave any litter on any part of the route and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any rider found littering will be disqualified from the event.
9. To ensure that the cycle is suitable standard and state of road worthiness for the conditions.
10. That any marked route is shown for guidance only and Mad Hare Events Ltd do not insist that you use the route shown. Therefore, if the rider chooses to ride a section, it is entirely their own choice. Any advertised route is subject to change with regard to risk assessment, seasonal damage, emergency roadworks or any other viable reason. Any advertised distance and elevation is a guide only although Mad Hare Events Ltd will endeavour to keep the route within + or - 10%. Rider safety is paramount and supersedes all other elements of the event.
11. The absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the individual rider’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to ride a section or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the road is rideable and the participant is deemed to make their own decision about whether to proceed on bike, foot or not at all.
12. Madhare Events Ltd reserves the right to shorten or alter the published route at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or changed.
13. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider. This includes but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the rider agrees that a member of Mad Hare Events Ltd or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the rider still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
14. Each participant hereby grants to Mad Mare Events Ltd an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to Mad Hare Events Ltd the right to use and publish, reproduce, sale, copyright, broadcast such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases Mad Hare Events Ltd from any and all liability from such use and promotion and waives any right to compensation for appearing in them.
15. In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason he or she agrees to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent cost will be billed to the rider.
16. Event entry fees can only be refunded or transferred in accordance with the Withdrawal Policy.
17. Deposits are non-refundable. Final payments are due 2 months before the event.
18. Madhare Events Ltd reserves the right to postpone or cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions or Force Majeure. In such an event, each participant's entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If a participant can't make the rescheduled event, they can carry their entry to another event of an equal or lower ticket value within the following 6 (six) month period. No refunds will be issued.